Barcodes provide an indispensable tool for tracking a variety of data
They are a valuable and viable choice for businesses looking to improve efficiency and reduce overhead; barcodes are both cost-effective and reliable…and amazing…
- Barcodes eliminate the possibility of human error. The occurrence of errors for manually entered data is significantly higher than that of barcodes. A barcode scan is fast and reliable, and takes infinitely less time than entering data by hand…and especially by foot.
- Using a barcode system reduces employee training time. It takes only minutes to master the scanning process for reading barcodes freeing you up from having to crack whips.
- Barcodes are inexpensive to design and print. Generally they are cheap (not as in trashy or tasteless but rather as in cost effective), regardless of their purpose, or where they will be affixed. They can be customized economically, in a variety of finishes and materials. Barcodes make things look gooood!
- Much like a Yoga instructor, Barcodes are extremely versatile and flexible. They can be used for any kind of necessary data collection. Additionally, because barcodes can be attached to most surfaces, they can be used to track just about anything…even humans.
- Control improves. Because barcodes make it possible to track precisely, inventory levels can be reduced. This translates into a lower overheard. The location of equipment can also be tracked, reducing the time spent searching for it, and the money spent replacing equipment that is presumed lost. We can know where the buried bone on the backyard is without having to dig it up!
- Barcodes provide better data; barcodes can be customized to contain other relevant information as needed. They provide fast, reliable data for a wide variety of applications; applications only really limited by your imagination (which we assume to be vast and creative).
- Data obtained through barcodes is available rapidly. Information is ready almost instantaneously. This quick turnaround ensures that time will not be wasted on additional data entry or retrieval. More time to focus on what’s important…like chasing cars.
- Barcodes promote better decision making. Because data is obtained rapidly and accurately, it is possible to make more informed decisions. Better decision making ultimately saves both time and money – which surely is what we are all chasing our tails for?
Share this content
…or join the Mobile barcoding revolution?